Every time I go for a meeting either business owners or from a government agencies here in Philippines, Facebook business page is their legitimate substitute for a website. (I was like “Hey, are you really sure?”)
Yeah, it’s free so why not? It can show up in Google search results too, and it can contain information about your business such as business hours, phone number, etc.
But here are some issues here:
- You do not own your Facebook page, Mark Zuckerberg does. This means they can get you deleted and blocked for any or no reason!
- Aside from the cover and profile pic, your page cannot be visually branded to your business.
- Organic reach is down. This means you have to pay to boost posts and create ads to reach more of your audience.
- You have no control over flow or functionality.
- You can have a shop and a blog but you have big issues on organisation, etc…
- Once someone likes your page they are given suggestions of other pages to like, including your competitors. (Yeah, you’re promoting your competitors too)
- Everything looks the same except your photos and contents.
Facebook is a social media, and therefore it’s good for social media marketing only, not a viable replacement for a website.
Now, we can move onto why your business should have a website, and what that can mean for your business.
Below is an infographic with statistics.
If you are looking for reliable digital agency in Davao City,
Contact Us at OnlineCrew Designs.